Tickets and additional details available August 2020.
October is our favorite month here at Texas Hill Country Wineries because it is Texas Wine Month! We invite you to join us from October 1 – October 31 in the picturesque Texas Hill Country, sipping and sampling award winning wines at the 48 participating, unique Hill Country Wineries. We have been celebrating Texas Wine Month for 20 years and want to make this years celebration the best yet! Savor all that Texas Wine Country has to offer this Fall and join us for one day or all thirty one!
Be sure to get your tickets right away as there are a limited number available and this event sells out every year! Your pickup winery CAN NOT be changed after Thursday, September 19th. Please note you can not pickup your Tasting Passport until the first day of the Event, October 1st.
This is the complete list of participating wineries. Please be aware of winery business hours when choosing your pickup winery and planning your winery visits.
- 1851 Vineyards – Thurs – Sun
- 4.0 Cellars – 7 Days/Week
- Becker Vineyards – 7 Days/Week
- Bell Springs Winery – 7 Days/Week
- Bending Branch Winery – Thurs – Sun
- Bent Oak Winery – Thurs – Sun
- Bingham Family Vineyards – Sun – Fri
- Blue Lotus Winery in Hye – Thurs – Sun
- Chisholm Trail Winery- Thurs – Mon
- Driftwood Estate – Sun – Fri, Reservation Required For 6+
- Dry Comal Creek Vineyards -7 Days/Week, Reservation Required For 5+ – Closed on 10/6 For Wine Club Party
- Duchman Family Winery – Mon – Fri
- Fall Creek Vineyards at Tow – Mon – Sat
- Farmhouse Vineyards Marketplace and Tipsy Trailer | Fri – Sun
- Fiesta Winery 290 – 7 Days/Week
- Fiesta Winery Lometa – 7 Days/Week
- Grape Creek Vineyards 290 – Mon – Fri
- Grape Creek Main Street – Mon – Fri
- Hawks Shadow- Saturday Only, By App
- Hye Meadow Winery – Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun & By Appointment, Reservation Required For 5+
- Inwood Estate Winery & Bistro – Sun – Fri, Reservation Required For 7+
- Kerrville Hills Winery – Thurs-Mon
- Kuhlman Cellars – Thurs, Fri, Mon, Reservation Required
- Longhorn Cellars – Thursday-Monday ONLY
- Lost Draw Cellars – Sun – Fri & Saturdays By Appt Only, Reservation Required For 5+
- Messina Hof Hill Country – 7 Days/Week, Reservation Required For 5+
- Narrow Path Winery – Mon, Thurs, Fri Only, Reservation Required For 5+
- Old Man Scary Cellars- 6 Days/Week, Closed Tuesday
- Pedernales – Sun – Fri Only
- Perissos Vineyard and Winery- Thurs – Sun
- Pillar Bluff Vineyards – Fri – Sun
- Ron Yates – 7 Days/Week
- Saint Tryphon – Thurs – Sun
- Singing Water Vineyards – Thurs – Mon
- Sister Creek Vineyards – 7 Days/Week
- Spicewood Vineyards – Wed-Sun
- Stone House Vineyard – Mon, Thur-Sun or By Appt, Reservation Required For 6+
- Solaro Estate- 7 Days/Week
- Texas Hills Vineyard – 7 Days/Week
- Texas Heritage Vineyards – Thurs – Sun, Reservation Required For 5+
- Texas Legato – Thurs-Mon, or By App
- Wedding Oak Winery at Burnet – 7 Days/Week
- Wedding Oak Winery at Fredericksburg – 7 Days/Week
- Wedding Oak Winery at San Saba – 7 Days/Week
- Westcave Cellars – Sat and Sun ONLY
- William Chris Vineyards – Reservation Required, Sun – Fri ONLY
- Wimberley Valley Winery – Mon – Fri ONLY
- Woodrose Winery- 7 Days/Week, Reservation Required For 5+
Visit the WINERIES page of our website for details on each participating winery including hours, location and varietals.
*All wineries require reservations for groups of 8 or more guests.
Your Texas Wine Month Passport ticket, valid October 1 – October 31, includes a full complimentary tasting (as determined by winery) at all 48 participating wineries with a limit of 4 wineries a day and a 15% discount on 3 bottle purchases at each winery. All of these benefits for a ticket price of $95/couple or $65/individual. The average tasting fee at the 48 participating wineries is $14/person…adding up to $56/person if visiting 4 wineries a day. And that’s just for ONE day! You have 31 days to visit 48 wineries. Your Texas Wine Month Passport ticket is already saving you money, not including the discounts on wine purchases! The limit to 4 winery tastings a day with your ticket is a way for THCW to promote responsible drinking during the events. We do hope you can take your time and enjoy each winery more this way, instead of rushing through tastings and getting to the next stop. This allows for a more intimate experience at each winery, enjoying the wines and the people.
Each ticket will include a Texas Wine Month Passport to be picked up at your first winery (selected at time of ticket purchase). Each participating winery that you visit will stamp your passport on the day you visit the winery and taste. Each day you can taste and get stamped at four participating wineries total. Couples tickets will receive 1 booklet but both will get the tastings. You have 31 days to enjoy 48 wineries in the beautiful Texas Wine Country, tasting your favorite wines and getting exclusive discounts! This is too good of a deal to pass up, so make sure to get tickets for your entire family and all of your friends!
In addition to Texas Wine Month, October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month! For the seventh year now, in support of this very important cause, $5.00 of each ticket sold for the Texas Wine Month Passport Event will be donated directly to Susan G Komen for the Cure. Help us contribute another $4,000+ this year! To donate directly to Susan G Komen please click HERE.
Your Texas Wine Month Passport Includes:
- Full complimentary tasting at each participating winery with a limit of 4 wineries a day (one tasting for singles, two tastings for couples)
- A Tasting Passport Book that will be stamped at each participating winery that you visit (you will NEED TO START at the winery you select when you purchase tickets to pickup your Tasting Passport Book for tastings)
- 15% discount on 3-bottle purchases from each participating winery (winery choice and/or discount may exclude reserves, ports and wines already discounted)
There is truly no better time to enjoy the natural beauty of the Texas Hill Country than during the Texas Wine Month Passport Event! So join us for just one or all 31 days to experience an unforgettable getaway in Texas Wine Country. There are a limited number of tickets available and each year is sold out weeks before the event. Don’t delay and miss out on all the beauty that the Texas Wine Country has to offer this Fall!
Texas Wine Month Passport Terms And Disclosure:
• Not all THCW member wineries are participating in this event, only those listed on this event page.
• Tickets are non-refundable and THCW cannot be responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Tickets cannot be exchanged for other event tickets or another weekend event. You can give them away or sell them.
• All prices are plus tax and subject to change.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Passports must be presented at each participating winery to receive tastings and discount. You will not receive tastings at the participating wineries without your Tasting Passport. Passports can only be stamped at each winery ONCE, we a limit to four wineries per day.
• Valid ID required to taste or purchase wines.
• Winery events are separate from THCW trail, additional fees may apply, please check with individual wineries for fees.
• Pets are not allowed at some of the participating wineries, please check with each winery before bringing your pet.
• For groups larger than 8, MUST contact the participating wineries before your visit to let them know you are coming and when you will be arriving at least 24 hours in advance. Some wineries will NOT accept groups of more than 8 people.
• THCW Event tickets are meant for individual use, not for use in conjunction with a wine tour company who already has tasting prices set with individual Wineries for services rendered.
• Be safe. Please have a Designated Driver for your trail trips
Texas Wine Month Passport FAQ:
Q: Are there a limited number of tickets?
A: Yes and they typically sell out by the first weekend of the Trail. We do not hold back any tickets.
Q: Do I have to start at the winery I chose?
A: Yes, you do have to go there first and get your book. You do not have to taste there first but you must get your book first.
Q: Can I change my pickup winery?
A: No, wineries receive the exact amount of Trail Passports as designated by ticket purchaser choice and we cannot change them once delivered. Please be aware of individual winery business hours and days they are open when choosing your pickup winery.
Q: I can’t use my ticket, can I get a refund?
A: No, but tickets are transferable so you can give it away or sell it.
Q: What days is my ticket good for?
A: All 31 days of the Trail. October 1st – 31st, 2019.
Q: What wineries are included?
A: 48 of our member wineries. The full list of participating wineries is listed on this page.
Q: I am giving this as a gift, can you change the name on the ticket?
A: The tickets are transferrable so it does not matter that your name is on it. When gifting though, you can choose “Ship To” and put the receivers name in the shipping info and this will put their name on the ticket. (No, tickets are not shipped)
Q: I can’t print my ticket at time of purchase.
A: We also send you a confirmation email with a link to your ticket so you can print at a later date.
Q: I didn’t print my ticket and now we are at the winery.
A: You can also show the winery your confirmation email or ticket from your smart phone.
Q: What time does the trail start?
A: The trail starts when individual participating wineries are open (usually 10:00am – 11:00am) and ends at closing of the wineries (5:00pm – 6:00pm). Please check out individual winery hours on the WINERIES page of our site.
Q: Where does the trail start?
A: It starts wherever you would like but you must pickup your Tasting Passport first. Please use the MAP to plan out your trip.
Q: What about transportation?
A: This is a self-guided trail so you will use your own transportation or book with a Tour Company. Please use a Designate Driver.
Q: Are wine glasses included with ticket or at each winery?
A: No glasses are included. Each participating winery will have wine glasses for you to use while tasting but are not included to take home. Wine glasses are for sale at each winery if you would like to purchase separately.