7th Annual Hill Country Virtual Symposium presented by TDA – Texas Wine Marketing
January 12-14, 19-21, 26-28, 2021
The Hill Country Wine Symposium was established in 2015 by Texas Hill Country Wineries. Symposium usually includes two days of seminars, lectures and panel discussions with over 25 sessions in 4 dedicated tracks.
We’re going VIRTUAL in 2021! While we’ll miss the Grape Exchange, Annual Reception, Scholarship Awards and all the networking that comes with it, this year we’re able to focus more on the educational sessions and topics you’ve asked for. The 4 regular tracks – Vineyard, Winery, Sales & Marketing and Business – will be covered with the addition of 2 new tracks focused on Hospitality Staff and New Wineries.
Virtual Symposium sessions will take place on 6 different days in January 2021 with each day dedicated to one of the 6 tracks. All sessions will be hosted on Zoom with interactive Q&A at the end of each presentation. Attendees have the option to register for 1 track at a time with the Day Pass Live, all 6 tracks and the recordings with the All Access Pass or just the recorded sessions with the Instant Replay Pass to watch on their own time.
Of course the Sponsorship and Exhibitor opportunities look a little different in this format but as always, our goal is to connect Symposium attendees with our partners and supporters the best we can. Please see info below on both Sponsorship and Exhibitor options for the 2021 Virtual Symposium.
2020 Symposium: 370attendees, 33 exhibitors, 90 Texas vineyards/wineries represented, 57 THCW member wineries represented
2019 Symposium: 292 attendees, 30 exhibitors, 71 Texas vineyards/wineries represented, 32 THCW member wineries represented
2018 Symposium: 274 attendees, 28 exhibitors, 62 Texas vineyards/wineries represented, 30 THCW member wineries represented
2017 Symposium: 243 attendees, 25 exhibitors, 60 Texas vineyards/wineries represented, 26 THCW member wineries represented
We hope you’ll join us in 2021!
SPONSORSHIP PACKAGES & INFORMATION
FILLED – TDA-Texas Wine Marketing – Presenting Sponsor, $3,000 – 2021 Virtual Hill Country Wine Symposium presented by Company Name. Company name, logo and link listed as Presenting Sponsor on all conference material including website registration, email promotions and social media promotions. Lead in commercial (provided by sponsor) included on all post event recorded session distribution and sponsor branding on ALL 18 live sessions.
FILLED – The Bracero Group – Tech Sponsor, $1,500 – Company name, logo and link listed on all conference material including website registration, email promotions and social media promotions. Commercial (provided by sponsor) spot once each day of Virtual Sessions. Sponsor branding on ALL 18 live sessions.
Virtual Session Sponsor, $500 (12 available) – Company name, logo and link listed on all conference material including website registration, email promotions and social media promotions. Commercial (provided by sponsor) lead in and branding on live session of your choice.
- VINEYARD TRACK
- Small Vineyards Don’t Have Small Problems – Daniel Pate, Apical Texas
- Crop Insurance – Bree Nelson, Ag Texas
- Time Over Budget per Season for Vineyards – John Rivenburgh, Kerrville Hills Winery & Sherah Mills, Rustic Spur Vineyards
- WINERY TRACK
- Sulphur Dioxide – Maureen Qualia, Texas Tech University
- Winemaker Process – speaker TBA
- Sponsored by TDA – Texas Wine Marketing – Post Mortem 2020 Winemaker Panel – Moderator: David Kuhlken, Pedernales Cellars. Panel TBA
- SALES & MARKETING TRACK
- Sponsored by TDA – Texas Wine Marketing – Expanding Your Brand Reach While Maintaining Authenticity – Cory Wiese, YETI
- Journalist Process – Jessica Dupuy & Denise Clarke
- Post Pandemic Events – Moderator & Panel TBA
- BUSINESS TRACK
- Sponsored by WINECUB – Supply Chain Management – Moderator: Chris Brundrett, William Chris Vineyards. Panel TBA
- Sponsored by TDA – Texas Wine Marketing – Wine Club Panel – Jesse Barter/Moderator, Tiffany Stetson/Goose Ridge Winery, Leigh Behrens/Mauritson Wines and Katy Jane Seaton & Traci Furgeson/Farmhouse Vineyards
- Distribution Post 2020 – Moderator: Daniel Kelada, Vinovium. Panel: Shawn Croft/Pedernales Cellars, others TBA
- STAFF FOCUS TRACK
- Service in the New World – Jennifer Beckmann, ReRooted 210
- Sponsored by Rowland Taylor Vineyards – Telling Your Winery Story – Carl Hudson, 4.0 Cellars
- How Do I Get Paid To Do This Stuff? – Moderator: Trey Blankenship, Messina Hof Winery. Panel: Donna Rene Johnston, Rebecca Conley, Cheramie Law & Jennifer McInnis
- NEW WINERY/VINEYARD TRACK
- Sponsored by TDA – Texas Wine Marketing – Building Your Brand – Matt McGinnis, Big Thirst Marketing
- Sponsored by WinStar Insurance Group – Texas Grapes: How To Get Them, Meet Growers & Expand – Moderator: John Rivenburgh, Kerrville Hills Winery. Panel: Barbara Lecuona- Siboney Cellars, Reed Williams- Hoover Valley Vineyards, more TBA.
- Record Keeping 101 – Livia Schlormer, Pedernales Cellars