ASSISTANT WINEMAKER – PEDERNALES CELLARS
Opening: November – 2019
Type: Salary plus Benefits
Descriptions: Pedernales Cellars is a family-owned Texas winery producing ultra-premium estate as well as AVA focused blends from our in-state partner vineyards. Established in 2006, the winery is one of the regions premier producers with multi-state distribution and an on-site tasting room in the Texas Hill Country.
The Assistant Winemaker works with our Winemaker in the day to day management of harvest, fermentation, aging, and blending. The role is hands-on requiring skills in management, lab analysis, written and oral communication, and a willingness to work both on the production floor as well as behind a desk. The Assistant Winemaker reports directly to the Winemaker and would assist in the direct management of cellar staff and interns. During outages, the Assistant Winemaker would serve as the Winemaker’s proxy and as such is expected to be proficient in all aspects of the essential duties and requirements.
Essential Responsibilities and Supervisory duties:
- Assists Winemaker in timely completion and assignment of winemaking plan from harvest, through aging and bottling
- Assist in the writing, revision, assignment, supervision, and overall execution of work orders using Innovint Wine System
- Perform daily winemaking and operations tasks as directed by the Winemaker to include lab work, sampling, bench trials, filtering, fining/additions, stirring etc.
- Perform lab analysis including titrations for TA and SO2, vineyard Brix and pH sampling, alcohol measurement, VA by cash still, Dissolved Oxygen readings and operation of the OENOFOSS.
- Manage production record keeping, inventory, and compliance reporting.
- Assist in wine quality control through wine evaluation, use and research of best practices, and product evaluation and research
- Maintain lab equipment and manage ordering of supplies.
- Work with administrative staff for ordering dry goods/fermentation products etc.
- Helps to maintain and improve the safety standards of the production operation.
- Helps in maintaining, enforcing, and improving best practices in all areas of production including general sanitation, barrel maintenance, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree or Certificate in Enology or applicable field of study
- Two or more years of winemaking/enology experience
- Must have experience with production lab operations
- A “hands on” team player with demonstrated ability to develop and supervise staff.
- Strong attention to detail. Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal, oral and written communication skills.
- Developed sensory evaluations skills, including ability to detect and discriminate subtle differences in wine.
- Proficiency in Math skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Innovint experience a plus.
- Ability to work overtime, nights and weekends.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Applying: This position is currently open and we are actively evaluating candidates. If you are interested, please submit your resume and a brief bio to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know about you and why you are interested in this position. Salary and benefits will be discussed in greater detail during the interview process.
CELLAR WORKER – PEDERNALES CELLARS
Pedernales Cellars is a boutique winery established in 2006. Located in Stonewall, near Fredericksburg, TX, in the heart of the beautiful Texas Hill Country, we specialize in high quality wines. Our production facility features the largest underground barrel cellar in Texas. Pedernales wines are available at our tasting room, fine dining venues and specialty retail stores throughout Texas.
Pedernales Cellars is currently looking for a Cellar Worker to work in our 15,000-case winery. This is a full -time, hourly position. Winery/vineyard/forklift experience is desired, however relevant experience will be taken into consideration and training will be provided for the right candidate.
Cellar Workers are ultimately responsible for the execution of the winemaking plan and wine production. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Daily cellar functions relating to juice and wine including racking, additions, pumping, fining and filtering
- Operation of all cellar equipment, including filters, presses, and crush equipment competently while following all relevant safety procedures
- Barrel work including; set up, filling, pumping out, topping, sanitizing and barrel maintenance to ensure their good condition.
- Performs sanitation duties in all areas of cellar operations including tanks, barrels and wine equipment according to company procedures
- Assists in the receiving and processing of grapes
- Completes and follows work orders accurately as instructed by winemaker
- Performs work safely and follows company procedures at all times
- Operation of forklift to include barrel stacking and bin dumping
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous winery/brewery/vineyard experience
- Willing to work flexible work schedule with overtime as requested to accommodate the needs of cellar and vineyard, especially during bottling and harvest
- Team player mentality, passion, and enthusiasm for winemaking
- Thorough understanding of cellar machinery
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to solve problems in a creative and innovative manner
- Strong attention to detail, producing a high level of accurate results
- Fluent English, both written and verbal with the ability to read and write in English
- Previous forklift certification preferred
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
- Reliable transportation
- Valid Unrestricted Driver’s License required
Please also detail your relevant skills, interests, and / or experiences when responding.
Job Type: Full time – 40 hrs a week
Job Type: Hourly; Rate DOE
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE – TORR NA LOCHS
Tasting Room Associate: Our tasting room sales associates form the backbone of the customer experience. Responsibilities include working the tasting room and patio areas which include greeting customers, serving wine, answering questions, etc. This is a part-time opportunity, with more hours available during the busy season. Applicants must be able to work at least one weekend day per week, must have a friendly personality, and although knowledge of wine is preferred, it is certainly not necessary. Applicants must also have or be able to obtain TABC Seller/Server certification. Please email us if you are interested in joining our TNL family!
Contact for both is email@example.com or at 512-766-0555.
TASTING ROOM MANAGER – TORR NA LOCHS
Tasting Room Manager: The Tasting Room Manager is responsible for all aspects of operating the Winery’s tasting room including: hiring and training Tasting Room Associates, stocking the tasting room with wine and other supplies, scheduling of staff, maintaining informational displays, greeting guests, operating the POS and cash register. We’re looking for a friendly, outgoing personality to engage with our guests and motivate our staff in order to provide an outstanding customer service experience. Previous experience in the wine industry is helpful, but not required. Full time position working Wednesday-Sunday, 31-40 hours per week.
Contact for both is firstname.lastname@example.org or at 512-766-0555.
WINE AMBASSADOR – BENT OAK WINERY
Our Wine Ambassadors are the public face and backbone of our winery with the goal of creating an unforgettable and amazing customer experience. A team player with a positive attitude is essential as the ambassador’s work as a team to provide this incredible service. Our reputation is made by the unique guest experience we offer in our tasting room and our award-winning quality wines. We expect our wine ambassadors to represent Bent Oak Winery in a positive and engaging manner. This is a part-time opportunity working shifts primarily during our normal business hours of Thursday through Saturday 11 am to 7 pm and Sunday 12 pm to 5 pm. Occasionally, wine ambassadors are asked to help with private events as well as various aspects of the wine making process.
Please contact John Catalano for additional job details
c 512.788.3254 |email@example.com
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATES & KITCHEN STAFF
Salary: Starting Saturday Pay $17/hr. Historically our staff makes over $20 Plus/HR with Tip Share Stonewall & Fredericksburg, TX Part-Time – Occasional Saturdays & Sundays OK – Perfect for Retirees or persons looking to make Christmas Money Established in 1996, Becker Vineyards is a family owned and operated vineyard with locations in Stonewall & Fredericksburg.
CELLAR WORKER – FULL TIME
Becker Farms, Inc. is a family owned and operated vineyard in Stonewall, Texas. Cellar Workers report directly to the Winemaker and include all aspects of the cellar. Experience not necessary, however, an exceptional work ethic, positive attitude and ability to follow instructions are needed.
- Clean and sanitize the winemaking equipment and cellar
- Assist with the crushing and pressing process
- Perform regular daily pump overs during fermentation
- Assist with bottling and packaging
- Barrel filling and cellar organization
- Proper use and handling of winery chemicals and additives
- Assist with special events and Harvest duties as needed
- Vineyard work as required
- Perform other duties as required including assisting other departments as needed
Fill out job application / drop off resume at our Stonewall Location or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Fruit & Bulk Wine Availability
THCW has collected a list of available Texas fruit & bulk wine from wineries & growers across the state. You can view the list HERE.
If you have fruit or bulk Texas wine available & would like to add it to the list, or if you have a listing to remove, please EMAIL US.
Pedernales Cellars – Bulk Texas Wine Available
$14 2019 High Plains Viognier 1500 Gallons (100% Texas)
$13 2019 High Plains Rose 1200 Gallons Cinsault/Mourvedre (70%/30%) (100% Texas)
Corkscrew Vineyards 2019 Muscat Canelli Bulk Wine Available
Approximately 1,100 gallons of 2019 Muscat Canelli bulk wine or shiners available for sale. Fruit processed by English Newsom Cellars.
Appellation Corkscrew Vineyards AVA
Varietal Muscat Canelli
Farming Practices Sustainable
Glucose/Fructose .24 g/L
Titratable Acidity 8.2 g/L
Contact Sharlann Smothermon, email@example.com
McPherson Cellars Bulk Wine Available
2019 Texas High Plains Muscat 12.1% Alc.- 3000 gallons Priced at $9/gallon
2019 Texas High Plains Riesling12.2% Alc- 3000 gallons Priced at $8/gallon
2019 Texas High Plains Chenin Blanc 12.7% Alc- 1000 gallons Priced at $10/gallon
2019 Texas High Plains Viognier 13.5% Alc- 600 gallons Priced at $13/gallon
Contact: Spenser Igo, firstname.lastname@example.org
English Newsom Cellars Bulk Wine Available
2019 Texas High Plains Viognier – 6,000 gallons
2019 Texas High Plains Pinot Grigio – 5,000 gallons
Texas High Plains Picardan – 1,000 gallons
Texas High Plains Trebbiano – 3,000 gallons
$13/gallon, contact Roman Marcus – Roman@englishnewsom.com
Hill Country AVA Mourvedre, Tannat & Petite Sirah
1 acre Mourvedre with projected 3 tons. 1 acre Tannat with projected 3 tons. 1 acre Petite Sirah with projected 3 tons All Hill Country AVA, San Saba County. Will likely machine harvest first week of August this year. Contact: Mike Dickey, Longhorn Cellars/Veraison Hills Vineyard, email@example.com.
SPRAYBERRY VINEYARDS – Fruit & Bulk Wine
Bulk Grapes for 2019:
5 acres of Cabernet Sauvignon
Orange Muscat 1 acre/approximately 5 tons
Malbec 7 acres
Bulk Wine for sale:
2013 Cabernet TCWW 15.4%A $18 540gal
2013 Temp TCWW 15%A $18 420gal
2015 Cabernet Midland 12.5%A $18 180gal
2015 Merlot TCWW 13.5%A $18 500gal
2015 Temp Midland 13%A $19 300gal
2016 Malbec Midland 12.5% $18 360gal
2017 Malbec Midland 12.5% $18 400 gal
2017 Ruby Cab Midland 12.5% $14 500gal
2017 Orange Muscat 12% $8 300gal
2018 Malbec Midland 12% $15 380gal
Table Wine 12% $14 400gal Blend of Merlot/Ruby Cab, 1.5% sugar
2018 Cabernet Caprock 13% $17 500gal
2018 Ruby Cab Caprock 13% $16 300 gal
Contact Dusty Evans, Sprayberry Vineyard, firstname.lastname@example.org
BULK WINE AVAILABLE – MESSINA HOF WINERY
Messina Hof has the following bulk wine available for sale.
2017 Riesling (Texas High Plains) – 4000 Gallons
2017 Moscato (Texas High Plains) – 1500 gallons
2017 Dry White Blend (Texas High Plains) – 1000 gallons
These wines are all priced at $14 per gallon for smaller volumes, but we are open to negotiations for larger volumes.
Contact Paul Bonarrigo, PAUL.BONARRIGO@messinahof.com
FRUIT AVAILABLE – Desert Willow Vineyards
Approximately 5-8 tons Mourvedre & 10 tons Grenache.
Rob Warren, Desert Willow Vineyards, email@example.com
MOSCATO GIALLO – CRAZY CLUSTER VINEYARD, BROWNFIELD
2 acres of Moscato Giallo, expecting roughly 5 tons/acres. Contact Daniel Leake, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bulk Wine – McPherson Cellars
2018 Texas High Plains Muscat Canelli, Lepard Vineyards 2200 gallons $10/gal
2018 Texas High Plains Reisling, Gewurtztraminer, Muscat Blend 1300 gallons $10/gal
2018 Texas High Plains Red Blend (Tempranillo, Mourvedre, Carignan) 1700 gallon $12/gal
Approximately 2200 Tannat vines on 1103 P root stock ordered from Nova Vine for this year that will not be used and are for sale.
Contact Susan, Texas Heritage Vineyards – email@example.com
165 Vollrath glass racks for sale. Item number 52713.
25 Compartment XX-tall
$15 each or make an offer for all of them.
Contact Doug @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Dessert / Port Wine Bottles For Sale
Stone House Vineyards has 768 clear, glass bottles 500 mL for sale. $400.00 for all bottles. Pick up from Stone House Vineyard preferred.
Contact Gina Ross at Gina@stonehousevineyard.com
Enchanted Rock Vineyard – 23.09 acres: 3 acres Mourvedre & 1 acre Albarino
More info HERE. Contact Tanya Marie Chambers, tanyacahmbers@KWLuxuryHomes.com
Tiny Home RV For Sale
Immaculate Tiny Home RV For Sale $75,000. This 344 sq ft little gem has been rarely used by owner on a private ranch. All the whistles and bells! See https://www.
Please contact Mandi or Suzanne at 844-303-4004 or email email@example.com for more information and to book a tour. *Motivated Seller! Perfect for use as guest/staff quarters or bride/groom room on vineyard or event property.
Round Mountain Vineyard for Sale
Your slice of Hill Country paradise awaits you at this gated 12-acre estate, located between Marble Falls and Johnson City. Set among rolling Hill Country farmlands, the property boasts a stunning contemporary custom home, a six-acre vineyard, a large barn and a studio apartment perfect for guests or a caretaker.
Cold Storage Facility
New 6000 sqft cold storage facility now open in Comfort, TX. We are conveniently located between Interstate 10 and Hwy 289, just south of the Waring exit. We have space available by the square foot, and we have 20’X20’ bays available to rent on a yearly basis. Please give us a call to discuss pricing and details.
Contact: John Kovacs 830-329-3975, Joshua Creek Enterprises, LLC
347 Hwy 289 Comfort, Tx 78013