The Christmas Wine Affair 2022 will be November 28th-December 23rd. Tickets on sale 10/21, check back for more details!
The Christmas Wine Affair
Make it a holly jolly holiday and join us in the Hill Country this December for the Christmas Wine Affair! Your signature passport ticket benefits include a complimentary wine tasting and a 15% discount on 3+ bottle purchases at each of the 35+ participating wineries. Drink it all in with us and experience the award-winning wines the Texas Hill Country has to offer!
This is the time of year we’ve all been waiting for…a chill in the air, the hustle and bustle, baking, wrapping, fireplaces and the Christmas Wine Affair in the Hill Country! Savor all that Texas Wine Country has to offer this holiday season from November 28 – December 23, sipping and sampling award winning wines at 35+ unique Hill Country Wineries. Join us for one day of the event or all twenty-five on this self-guided tour!
Please Note // Your Christmas Wine Affair Ticket is Non-Refundable. If you are unable to use your Christmas Wine Affair Passport you may give it away or sell it.
Christmas Wine Affair Passport Ticket Benefits:
- Full complimentary tasting at each participating winery with a limit of 4 wineries a day (one tasting for singles, two tastings for couples – couples are ANY two people but both must be present together for tastings)
- A custom barcode that will serve as your Digital Tasting ‘Passport’ that will be scanned at each participating winery that you visit.
- 15% discount on 3-bottle purchases from each participating winery (winery choice and/or discount may exclude reserves, ports and wines already discounted)
Participating Wineries information will be available in October.
We’ve gone DIGITAL!
- No longer required to pick-up your Passport Book from a specific winery location. Start your wine trail at any of the participating wineries. This allows you to change your plans at any time!
- No longer have to keep track of your Passport Book! You can either print, save to your phone or take a screenshot of your Digital Passport Barcode.
- Sip while you save the environment!
- Your tasting passport still includes a full complimentary tasting at each winery (limit 4 wineries a day) tracked digitally with your Tasting Passport barcode and a 15% discount on 3+ bottle purchases from each winery.
Are there a limited number of tickets?
Yes and they typically sell out by the first weekend of the Trail. We do not hold back any tickets.
What is the difference between Couples and Individuals tickets?
Couples tickets are good for ANY TWO people (husband/wife, sisters, mother/daughter, friends, etc). Couples receive TWO tastings, both people must be present together for the couples tastings (ie: one can not receive tastings on the first day of the event and the other person on another day of the event at the same winery).
Individual tickets are for ONE person, you will receive ONE tasting at each participating winery.
I can’t use my ticket, can I get a refund?
No, but tickets are transferable so you can give it away or sell it.
What days is my ticket good for?
All 25 days of the event.
What wineries are included?
You can find a list the participating wineries on the Christmas Wine Affair ticket page.
I am giving this as a gift, can you change the name on the ticket?
The tickets are transferrable so it does not matter that your name is on it. When gifting though, you can choose “Ship To” and put the receivers name in the shipping info and this will put their name on the digital ticket.
A confirmation email will be sent to you once your purchase transaction is successful. The confirmation email is your ticket with your custom barcode. You can either print, save to your phone or take a screenshot of your Digital Passport Barcode to be scanned at each participating winery when you visit.
What time does the trail start?
The trail starts when individual wineries are open (usually 10-11am) and ends at closing of the wineries (5-6pm). Please check out individual winery hours on the list of participating wineries above.
Where does the trail start?
It starts wherever you would like. Please use the MAP and filter for Christmas Wine Affair to plan out your trip.
What about transportation?
This is a self-guided trail so you will use your own transportation or book with a Tour Company. Please use a designated driver.
Are wine glasses included with ticket or at each winery?
No glasses are included. Each winery will have wine glasses for you to use while tasting but are not included to take home. Wine glasses are for sale at each winery if you would like to purchase separately.
Christmas Wine Affair Terms And Disclosure:
• Not all THCW member wineries are participating in this event, only those listed on this page.
• Digital Passport Barcode must be presented at winery to receive tastings and discount. You will not receive tastings at the wineries without your Digital Tasting Passport Barcode.
• Tickets are non-refundable and THCW cannot be exchanged for other event tickets or another weekend event. You can give them away or sell them.
• All prices are plus tax and subject to change.
• When using a Couples Passport, both individuals must be present for two tastings to be provided.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Valid ID required to taste or purchase wines.
• Winery events are separate from THCW trail, additional fees may apply, please check with individual wineries for fees.
• Pets are not allowed at some wineries, please check with each winery before bringing your pet.
• For groups larger than 8, MUST contact the wineries before your visit to let them know you are coming and when you will be arriving at least 24 hours in advance. Some wineries will NOT accept groups of more than 8 people.
• THCW Event tickets are meant for individual use, not for use in conjunction with a wine tour company who already has tasting prices set with individual Wineries for services rendered.
• Be safe. Please have a Designated Driver for your trail trips