Valentines Day in Texas Wine Country
February is for lovers! With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, it’s time to plan your valentines getaway in Texas Wine Country. Whether you’re wining and dining your loved one or looking for activities for the whole family, The Texas Hill Country has plenty of events happening for everyone.
Chocolate & Wine Pairings
Nothing says Valentine’s day like chocolate decadently perfectly paired with wine. There is no shortage of events for the chocolate and wine lover.
- Bending Branch Winery: Grab your sweetheart and indulge in a unique wine flight and chocolate pairing at Branch on High in the heart of Comfort’s Historic District. During this guided tasting, learn while you enjoy a red wine flight paired with exquisite dark chocolate truffles handmade locally by Sweet Comfort.
- Stoneledge Winery & Vineyard: Indulge in Stoneledge Winery & Vineyards wines expertly paired with Fredericksburg Chocolat.
- Pedernales Cellars: Join Pedernales Cellars on February 14th or 15th to relax and enjoy Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re celebrating love, friendship, or family, you’ll enjoy their combination of exceptional wines with decadent dessert bites.
- Singing Water Vineyards: The day after Valentine’s Day, enjoy a one-of-a-kind tasting with Singing Water Vineyards best wines paired with three chocolates custom-created by Sweet Comfort Chocolates. You’ll receive three generous pours of their very best wines expertly paired with three exquisite chocolates made exclusively for Singing Water Vineyards! Later on in the day, Brad Normandeau will entertain you with the greatest hits from the Sinatra-era. It’s romance at its finest!
- Torr Na Lochs Vineyard & Winery: Girl Scout cookies and wine, a perfect pairing! Enjoy five cookies, a combination of the classics and new releases, purchased from a local troop paired with five TNL wines! Due to the nature of this event, gluten-free options are not available.
Valentine’s Day Dinner
For a romantic time with your partner, you may want to opt for an intimate dinner at one of the wineries. Make this Valentine’s Day in Texas Wine Country one you’ll both remember for years to come!
- Texas Hills Vineyard: Kicking off the Valentine’s Day celebration with their dinner on Saturday, February 8th and 15th. Their annual 4-course Valentine Dinner has been a tradition since 1999, so grab your tickets now before they sell out.
- Bent Oak Winery: Head to The Texas Hill Country early on Wednesday, February 12th, for a romantic evening at Bent Oak Winery. Arrive at a warm and inviting wine reception before sitting down to a 4-course dinner seamlessly paired with their award-winning wines.
- Messina Hof Winery: Dance the night away at Messina Hof! Before the dancing begins you’ll enjoy a romantic three course candlelight dinner paired with Messina Hof’s 100% Texas wine. Then end the night dancing to flamenco music.
- Lost Draw Cellars: If you’re both wine-lovers, then you won’t want to miss Lost Draw Cellars’ four-course paired dinner on February 14th. They will be pulling libraried wines picked by their winemakers. You will also get an exclusive barrel tasting of a new wine that has not been tasted or released yet!
- Blue Lotus Winery: Take your vows, specifically the “til death do us part” section to a whole new level with Blue Lotus Winery’s Murder Mystery Valentine’s Evening Dinner.
- Los Pinos Ranch: Join Los Pinos Ranch for dinner, wine and live music on Valentine’s Day! Their menu will feature two Chef’s Specials – NY Strip and Shrimp Brochette – along with many of your favorite regular items. Enjoy live music by the Dallas-based folk, pop, and soul duo.
Wine Lovers Celebration
Hosted by Texas Hill Country Wineries, Wine Lovers Celebration is a celebration for lovers and wine lovers alike. Indulge in a little wine and sweets. We invite you to join us from February 7th – February 23rd in the picturesque Texas Hill Country, sipping and sampling award-winning wines at 48 unique Hill Country Wineries. With a full seventeen days to enjoy the Wine Lovers Celebration, Valentine’s Day doesn’t need to be constrained to just one day! Take time this February to relax with a loved one or friend, discovering Texas wine and enjoying all that Valentines Day in Texas Wine Country has to offer.
A Special Wine Tasting
Becker Vineyards will be opening their wine library reserve for an exceptional tasting. The tasting will kick off with a behind the scenes tour of the winery that includes tank and barrel samplings. Following the tour, you will be escorted to the cellar for an in-depth discussion and elevated tasting of their Library Reserve wines with a cheese pairing. Grab your sweetheart, and don’t miss out on this exclusive wine tasting!
A Night of Pizza Around the Bonfire
Join Lewis Wines for a night with the entire family including pizza and bonfire fun. Josh Raimer from Bakery Joju will be cooking pizzas in a woodfired pizza oven. Bakery Joju makes the delicious bread found in their tasting room on the weekends, and much like the bread, his pizza is something you don’t want to miss. There will be wine specials to help you ward off the evening chill.
Learn a New Skill
Blue Lotus Winery will be hosting a painting class with Matt Wagner on Saturday, February 15th, at their Seguin location. You and your partner will create a one-of-a-kind piece of art that can decorate your space while sipping on wine. Your ticket includes all the supplies needed to create your masterpiece!
One For the Girls
Celebrate all the love in your life, and grab your girlfriends for a special day of Galentine’s Day events at Fall Creek Vineyards. For the early birds, start your Sunday with a Vino Vinyasa! This class brings together vinyasa-based yoga and fun wine facts through creative yoga poses. Each class ends with a comparative wine tasting of Fall Creek’s wines, inviting you to mindfully taste what’s in your glass while applying what you learned through the poses. In the afternoon, you and your girlfriends can enjoy an afternoon of designing your very own planters. Choose from a selection of planters, succulents, & decor options to craft your very own one-of-a-kind arrangement!
La Grange Uncorked Wine Stroll
A guaranteed good time for the entire family, the La Grange Uncorked Wine Stroll is an absolute bucket-list must. With over 15 different wineries, including Wedding Oak Winery and Texas Legato Winery, it’s worth the trip! So grab a friend and get ready to sip wine while you shop the downtown boutiques. There will be plenty of tasty treats in the Square and several boutiques for a day of shopping and sipping fun.
With several events to choose from, we hope we’ll see you in The Texas Hill Country this month! Grab your loved one, friends, or family, and spend a day or two experiencing all the Hill Country has to offer. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for a special Valentine’s Day Giveaway. We’ll be announcing the details soon and trust us you won’t want to miss this!