2014 Texas Wine Month Trail
• October 1-31, 2014
October is our favorite month here at Texas Hill Country Wineries because it is Texas Wine Month! We have been celebrating Texas Wine Month for 15 years and want to make this years celebration the best. There are now 42 wineries who will participate in the Trail and all are very excited to help you celebrate this October.
Your ticket, valid throughout the entire month of October, includes a full complimentary tasting at each winery with a limit of 4 wineries a day and a 15% discount on 3 bottle purchases at each winery. All of these benefits for a ticket price of $60/couple or $35/single.
The average tasting fee at the 42 participating wineries is $9/person…adding up to $36/person if visiting 4 wineries a day. And that’s just for ONE day! You have 31 days to visit 42 wineries (over $375 in tasting fees alone!). Your Texas Wine Month Trail is already saving you money, not including the discounts on wine purchases! Why not jump in on this great deal!?!
The limit to 4 winery tastings a day with your ticket is a way for THCW to promote responsible drinking on the trails. We do hope you can take your time and enjoy each winery more this way, instead of rushing through tastings and getting to the next stop. This allows for a more intimate experience at each winery, enjoying the wines and the people. Full tastings will be determined by each winery.
“I believe the major driver behind the decision is two-fold: safety and enjoyment. We as an association want people to come out and enjoy each winery they visit. Part of that is slowing down to taste the wine, have a conversation and have an experience, I personally like to hang a bit longer if there is a view or savor a particular wine without rushing to meet a schedule. Looking at how our wineries are arranged in pockets across the hill country, we felt that it lent itself to this concept. In the process, it allows us to safety visit and not worry about our guests being over served by the end of the afternoon. We truly want the trail to be an experience to be enjoyed safety,” Mike Batek, Hye Meadow Winery.
Each ticket will include a Tasting Booklet to be picked up at your first winery (selected at time of ticket purchase). Each winery you visit will stamp the booklet on the day you visit the winery and taste. Each day you can taste and get stamped at four wineries total. Couples tickets will receive 1 booklet but both will get the tastings.
October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month! For the third year now, in support of this very important cause, $5 of each ticket sold for the Texas Wine Month Trail will be donated directly to Susan G Komen for the Cure. Help us contribute another $4,000+ this year! To donate directly to Susan G Komen please click HERE.
Along with the Trail, we’ll be hosting TWO tastings to celebrate Texas Wine Month! The first tasting, Texas Wine Month Kick-off will be on October 4th at Hye Meadow Winery with wineries from the Fredericksburg area. The second tasting, Texas Wine Month Block Party, will be on October 25th at Driftwood Estate Winery with neighboring wineries. Tickets for both events are $25/person/event, or a discounted to $20/person/event with purchase of your Texas Wine Month Trail ticket. Tasting tickets include 10 tastes, a logo glass and a 15% discount on 3 bottle purchases.
An entire month of enjoying 42 wineries in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, tasting your favorite wines and getting exclusive discounts! This is too good of a deal to pass up, so make sure to get tickets for your whole family and all of your friends!
Your ticket includes:
• Full complementary tasting at each winery with a limit of 4 wineries a day (NOTE: The full tasting is determined by each winery. Typically it will be the standard tasting of 4-6 wines. Reserve wines and glasses not included. Please see DETAILS below for what each winery offers- not all wineries will post their information)
• A 15% discount on 3 bottle purchases at each winery
• A Tasting Booklet that will be stamped at each winery you visit (designate pickup winery at checkout and you will need to START at this winery to get your booklet for tastings)
TEXAS WINE MONTH TRAIL TERMS AND DISCLOSURE:
• Tickets are non-refundable and the THCW cannot be responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Tickets cannot be exchanged for other event tickets or another weekend event. You can give them away or sell them.
• All prices are plus tax and subject to change.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Booklets must be presented at winery to receive tastings and discount.
• Valid ID required to taste or purchase wines.
• Winery events are separate from THCW trail, additional fees may apply, please check with individual wineries for fees.
• Pets are not allowed at some wineries, please check with each winery before bringing your pet.
• For groups larger than 8, MUST contact the wineries before your visit to let them know you are coming and when you will be arriving at least 24 hours in advance. Some wineries will NOT accept groups of more than 8 people.
• Be safe. Please have a Designated Driver for your trail trips.
SEE WHAT EACH WINERY IS DOING FOR THIS EVENT: View Details