2014 Holiday Wine Trail
• December 5-21, 2014
Winery choices for pickup have been narrowed down to 6 options due to the delivery of the books and ornaments. If you purchased your ticket before noon on 11/19, your book and ornament will be at the winery you designated. We are unable to change your pickup winery once your ticket has processed.
The most coveted wine trail of the year is here! This is the time of year we’ve all been waiting for...a chill in the air, the hustle and bustle, baking, wrapping, fireplaces, WINE and the Texas Hill Country Wineries 2014 Holiday Wine Trail, December 5-21.
Vineyards and tasting rooms are cloaked in lights, warmth and holiday fun. We invite you to come enjoy the sounds of carols, sniff the delicious Christmas treats and bask in front of the fireplace with your favorite glass of cheer. All that is missing from our tasting rooms is you and with 42 unique member wineries you will experience nothing less than the best.
The Holiday Wine Trail is just that, all about the WINE. Your $60 couples ticket or $35 individual ticket includes ONE collectable ornament from Texas Hill Country Wineries, a full complimentary tasting at each winery with a limit of 4 wineries a day and a 15% discount on 3 bottle purchases.
The average tasting fee at the 42 participating wineries is $9/person…adding up to $36/person if visiting 4 wineries a day. And that’s just for ONE day! You have 17 days to visit 42 wineries. Your Holiday Wine Trail ticket is already saving you money, not including the discounts on wine purchases! Why not jump in on this great deal!?!
Each ticket will include a Tasting Passport to be picked up at your first winery (selected at time of ticket purchase). Each winery you visit will stamp the Passport on the day you visit the winery and taste. Each day you can taste and get stamped at four wineries total. Couples tickets will receive ONE booklet but both will get the tastings.
The limit to 4 winery tastings a day with your ticket is a way for THCW to promote responsible drinking on the trails. We do hope you can take your time and enjoy each winery more this way, instead of rushing through tastings and getting to the next stop. This allows for a more intimate experience at each winery, enjoying the wines and the people.
For those interested in winery ornaments, trail ticket holders can purchase them at a 50% discount at participating wineries who have ornaments available. Pictures of winery ornaments will be posted on this page as we receive them.
Your ticket includes:
• One collectable ornament to be picked up at winery of your choice
• Full complimentary tasting at each winery with a limit of 4 wineries a day (one tasting for singles, two tastings for couples. NOTE: The full tasting is determined by each winery. Typically it will be the standard tasting of 4-6 wines. Reserve wines and glasses not included. Please see DETAILS below for what each winery offers- not all wineries will post their information)
• A Tasting Passport that will be stamped at each winery you visit (you will NEED TO START at this winery and pickup your book for tastings)
• 15% discount on 3-bottle purchases from each winery (winery choice and/or discount may exclude reserves, ports and wines already discounted)
• 50% discount on winery ornaments where available
There is no greater gift than a handpicked wine for loved ones or yourself! So join us for just one or all 17 days to experience the decking of the cellars in the wonderland that is the Texas Hill Country. There are a limited number of tickets available and each year is sold out weeks before the trail. Don’t delay and miss out on all the joy the Texas Hill Country Wineries have to offer.
Holiday Wine Kick-off Tasting
Kick-off the Holiday Trail with a local wine tasting! Join us on Friday, December 5 at Flat Creek Estate, along with Perissos Vineyard, Stone House Vineyard and more for an intimate tasting event. Enjoy Friday evening with these wineries then take your time on the trail the next few days and really discover what they have to offer. Ticket includes 10 tastings, a logo glass and 15% discount on 3 bottle purchases at any of the participating wineries over the weekend (December 6-7). The Bistro at Flat Creek Estate will have delicious wood-fired pizza available if you get hungry and all wines from the tasting will be available for purchase during the event. Tickets are $25 ($20 with your Holiday Wine Trail ticket).
Winery Ornaments (individual winery ornaments are not required and are not included in with your ticket, some wineries may have ornaments available for sale at a 50% discount)
HOLIDAY WINE TRAIL TERMS AND DISCLOSURE:
• Tickets are non-refundable and the THCW cannot be responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Tickets cannot be exchanged for other event tickets or another weekend event. You can give them away or sell them.
• All prices are plus tax and subject to change.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Passports must be presented at winery to receive tastings and discount. You will not receive tastings at the wineries without your Tasting Passport
• Valid ID required to taste or purchase wines.
• Winery events are separate from THCW trail, additional fees may apply, please check with individual wineries for fees.
• Pets are not allowed at some wineries, please check with each winery before bringing your pet.
• For groups larger than 8, MUST contact the wineries before your visit to let them know you are coming and when you will be arriving at least 24 hours in advance. Some wineries will NOT accept groups of more than 8 people.
• Be safe. Please have a Designated Driver for your trail trips.
SEE WHAT EACH WINERY IS DOING FOR THIS EVENT: View Details